View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 09:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Iraq vet with questions

This is my first post so I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I was also wondering if my symptoms sounded familiar to anyone. So here it goes, I will sum it all up in a few sentences.

I am a 2x Iraq vet who came back from my second deployment with elevated CK levels around 800 I believe and I had blood in my urine. The doctors thought this was from me working out with my unit. I was clearing at this time and hadn't worked out in a few weeks. I explained that to the doc but I think he was puzzled. Fast forward 4 months and I am in the hospital with a 13,000 CK level after a 4 mile ruck march. I wouldn't have even gone but my legs were cramping so bad I couldn't walk. The ER docs flushed my system and got it down to around 400 in about 5 days. a week later I was checked and it bumped back up to 1,200.

By the way I was not on any supplements or meds at this time. For the next few months they tested my blood and urine almost weekly and the average Ck was about 800. They also found small traces of blood in urine and liver enzymes. Was sent to a Neurologist and had a EMG (needles in legs and arms) and everything came back normal. I just had muscle biopsy about a month ago and I am getting results from that in two days.
I know this was a shotgun blast of info and I know no one can tell me for sure what it is but I would just like to know if this sounded familiar to anyone. I also forgot to say that I have had muscle twitching mostly in my legs my whole life and recently it seems I have been losing some muscle mass and I am tired all the time. My blood sugar has crashed a few times in the past 6 months as well. Sorry for the shotgun blast !!! thanks in advance.
OpieK is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (10-23-2012)