View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Update after my concussion 3.5 months ago

Hi everyone,

Thought I'd sign in and give you all an update after my concussion that I had 3 and a half months ago at a party when I got rugby tackled whilst drunk.

In my first post, I mentioned that the doctors had drugged me up on anti anxiety and anti depressant medications because they diagnosed me with anxiety and depression, well I have never believed this and I took those drugs for 1 month and they made no difference what so ever, they didn't even take the edge off of my symptoms.

So to me that proves that I do not have an anxiety or depression disorder, also before this party where I got the concussion, I have never suffered from anxiety or depression in my life, just a little OCD.

Also I had a CT scan which was normal, so they said it couldn't be a concussion, well that's rubbish, concussions don't show in scans and the only thing that was different at the party where I drank alcohol was I got rugby tackled, I had drank alcohol about 5 times before and never had these kind of symptoms, so to me it has to be post concussion syndrome that I have now.

Well here I am now 3 and a half months down the line, I havn't took my anxiety or depression medication for 2 days now, and I must say I feel better for it, the headaches seems to have gone now by about 50%.

What I am left with now is this strange kind of confusion, its like I ask myself what has happened these past 3 months, and to be honest I don't even know. It's like my body has been on some kind of auto pilot, it has functioned without me being here, it's like the past 3 months I have been in some kind of dream state, it's all just a blur.

Even now I still don't feel my normal self, I feel very confused, maybe like a mental fog, and I'm having these non stop eye floaters, when I'm indoors I never see them, but as soon as I got outside and look at the sky, my vision is full of floaters. Also I still have these headaches / migraines but they are nowhere near as bad but always constantly there.

So basically the symptoms I still have are:

Eye floaters when outside
A strange kind of confusion like my body is still in auto pilot
Headaches / migraines
Short term memory problems and even some long term memory problems

The number 1 symptom which I hate is the confusion feeling. I feel like each second is hard to live, I can't relax in front of TV or with friends.

I just still don't feel like before.

The way I look at it, is all my symptoms came on progressively weeks after the concussion. It hasn't got any worse, but it has got a little bit better.

So I think I'm still in this for at least another 2-3 months but who knows, lol.

Thanks for everyones help and reading this
mattdelm is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (10-23-2012)