View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 08:36 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default just asking for your oppinions

I had basically the same post on another forum sight. Basically was told by a member buck stops here and there was nothing no one could do. And they didn't seem to think 12-18 months was unreasonable. Am I alone in believing 1 - 1/2 years is not only unreasonable but unfair?
Reason we were looking at a congressman, was I had read on hear and other forum sites of congressmen and senators being utilized to expedite ALJ hearings, to expedite back pay when it had been over an unreasonable time frame, etc. Thought my situation would be simular to back pay situation. My understanding once a congressman or senator has inquired about a case, SSA has to report monthly on the progress or lack their of on a monthly basis. Therefore usualy expediting whatever the process is. I am not asking for an unfair advantage, just to know my rights as a citizen. Jo*mar thanks for the links but last April we were taken off sooner care (medicaid) cause my wife started working for $7.50 hr. Just like many that have gone thru the process, just looking to finaly having stability in my family's life again. Also be nice to be able to contribute into the family again. Again any help is more than appreciated. God Bless you all
swOkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote