Thread: Imitrex
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 02:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by peppermint1 View Post
I started taking Imitrex when it was introduced (I think) and it helped me very little. For what it cost I really thought it should and I kept trying it. I don't remember the dosage at all - sorry.

Then Maxalt was introduced and I tried that. Maxalt helped me a great deal more and I stopped Imitrex completely. Then came A...(starts with an A????) and F...(starts with an F) and Relpax (Please forgive me. I do have trouble with speech now ) I'm trying to name the Triptans.

Relpax is the one that helps my headaches/migraines the most.

But I know that each of the triptans works for each person in a different way. What works best for me will not work so well for you and so on.

Your doctor may be able to give you some samples of Imitrex so you can try it. I sure hope so. I'll say a little prayer for you.
Hi. Thanks for replying!

I tried 5 mg. of Imitrex which helped a little. My Dr. told me that it should work if she increased the dose. She increased it to 10 mg. and it helped a LOT!! Then as I felt my migraine return I took the next dose of 10 mg. two hours later. I know that it is used up to 20 mg..

I was just wondering about anyone else's experience, and was wondering if they felt that the longer they used imitrex the less it worked?

Thanks for the prayers.

I like your name, by the way.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote