View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippybread View Post
Hi all

Can anyone shed any light on the following "Impression" at the end of an MRI report?

A small central and moderate bilateral C5/6 disc bar which with possible minimal posterior elemental hypertrophy is resulting in moderate spinal stenosis with complete loss of surrounding CSF space and possible minimal effacement of the cord but no myelomalacia and moderate to moderately severe narrowing of both exit foramina, more marked on the right.

What on earth? Does this explain my pins and needles? Does this mean surgery? Any info would be most gratefully received!! Thank you
Hi Pippy---I had acdf c5 thru c7 in 2010. Your MRI does not appear to be to bad. How are your symptoms ? Do you have neck pain,shoulder,numbness going down arms into fingers ? Most surgeons will only do surgery for spinal cord compression also based on neurlogical symptoms. Most good surgeons would advise conservative treatment first therapy,esi(epidural steroid injections) ...sometimes these disc can heal themselves with treatments .Once you do the surgery there is no turning back it comes with risks. I dont regret mine I did seek 3 consults first-- all agreed surgery 100% due to all the disc were severely spinal cord compressed. I was already going parlyzed in right arm. I was in such pain prior to surgery morphine wouldnt touch it. I dont regret my surgery ...gave me a life back. I will tell you 18 months post surgery-- Im having problems with neck and shoulder. I do have other spine issues as well. I dont regret my surgery I feel I had no choice. I just think its a decision I wouldnt enter into lightly due to future risks. Always again seek at least 2 or 3 consults first. Best wishes let me know how your doing .
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ginnie (10-23-2012)