View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4329 View Post
Thank you so much for this post!

Although I have found so much helpful information on this forum, I find myself reading too much, getting depressed, and self-diagnose myself as being "doomed".

I will use your inspiration and helpful tips to push forward! Thanks again!
Glad to help! I know how you feel. I've done WAYYY too much reading. I have health anxiety, and whenever I Google "symptoms" I end up reading the worst. I've finally learned to stop doing that.

Therapy has helped with that, along with a supportive girlfriend, as well as focusing on treatments

...although I've became health obsessed now by focusing on treatments, which is good and bad. The good is that some things seem to be helping, and it gets me optimistic and feel empowered. I also LOVE eating healthy now, because I better understand why certain foods are good for me.

The bad side of being health-obsessed is time lost spent learning, and any potential side effects (which I haven't had any so far with any medications, except Ginseng gives me palpitations so I avoid that one).

Therapy definitely helps. I am not doing any specific kind, and the lady is actually like 70 years old and just about retired. It just helps to talk to someone uplifting and someone who is a third party. My supportive girlfriend is wonderful, but sometimes she gets stressed out from it, so having a therapist is very helpful then. I'm cutting it back to once every two weeks and keeping a journal of my progress now.
axs221 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote