View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Thanks for you answers.
I do understand the backlog is excessive to get a Hearing, I have already past the hearing stage and waiting on a decision. By reading this and other forums as well as being told by my local office the average wait time for a dicission is 1-3 months.
And feel that 1 to 1/2 years for a decision is unfair. As far as my congressman, my wife called his office and spoke with a secretary or such, I think a written letter may be more appropriate. It may or not. On the other forum site the member also told me that the ALJ only answers to the Chief ALJ. So basically the ALJ has an indefinite time to make a decision and as a citizen I have no recourse. I thought the ALJ worked for SSA and that SSA was funded by the government, so when a congressman or senator inquires into a case that SSA has sway to expedite the process. Much like when I was able to work, if someone complained to the company I worked for I was not doing my work in a timely manner. My boss would set a time frame to get the job done. I know the government is different, but didn't think that much. Sorry for the rambling. Again thanks for your help. If you or anyone has any ideas/suggestion or just where I might look and find answers, it will be more than appreciated. Oh have a last question if we start contacting the ODAR where I had my hearing monthly (basically becomming the squeeky wheel) would that help or hurt? Again thanks
swOkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote