View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 12:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Another new member

I just found out I have Neuropathy but I want to explain how I found out.
On April,Friday 13th I woke early morning with my left leg sticking straight off the bed.Being half asleep I pulled it back under the covers but my left foot was numb and I went back to sleep.When I got out of bed and tried to walk it seemed my left knee was out of place and it was hyper extending.When I put my weight on it to take a step it hurt so bad I couldn't walk on it.I managed to get out to the kitchen where there is a island so I get hold of it and did some squats with no problem.The earliest appointment I could get was monday so I went in for xrays.I was told by the orthopedic dr. there was nothing wrong with my knee so I must of had a stroke.
A little over a year ago before this I had Gamma Knife surgery on a blood vessel in my head.Monday April 9th I had a Cat Scan and was told everything was ok.I went back for another Cat Scan and everything was still the same as the last one.A few days later I went back for a Cat Scan of the neck area and back.The orthpedic dr. said he was giving me 6 weeks of therapy and that's all he could do.I went to a back surgeon yesterday and he is the first dr. that I have seen that has told me I have Neuropathy.He is a good dr but why hasn't any other dr said anything and I have seen plenty of them since April.
Thank you all for comments
JohnJoe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote