Thread: Weak chewing
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile Xrpodn

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrpodn View Post
I have had MG for 5 plus years now. My current dosage of mestinon is 5-6 30 mg tablets daily. About a month ago, My primary care doctor diagnosed me with pre diabetis, and recommended that I lose 20 pounds, which I did. My chewing started to get weaker. I went to the neurologist, she upped my prednisone to 60 mg daily. The chewing didn't improve, she wanted me to to to 120mg per day. I barely tolerated the 60 mg dosage. I did not try the higher dosage. Swallowing is good, very little mussle weakness, no eye droop. My question Is it normal for chewing to continue to be weak?
Hi,
Just a note to say it may be pretty normal, or at least for some. I was diagnosed about 7 mos ago, and take 60 mil mestinon 3 times a day. Most the time my chewing (which was one my main symptoms) is fine. But, there are times, maybe twice a week that I can tell it is a bit week. Honestly, not enough to be an issue to me. Just can tell a little. That is about all I can really offer you. I sort of chaulk it up to the fact that nothing is perfect. lol
FRED H
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote