View Single Post
Old 10-23-2012, 05:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default New here

Hey new to the forum and seeking advice/help. I was in a bad car accident in April 2011 and was hospitalized for 3 days with a contusion of the left hip and was unable to walk for a couple weeks. Severe lower back/neck pain right away. Mri X &xray of back negative. Doc said prob soft tissue damage offered cortisone shots which i declined. Few months later started getting a dull ache in right shoulder which I ignored for months until it became more severe. Shoulder started to feel numb/pressure constantly. Arm started feeling weak. Started getting pain in my shoulder blade area. Then finally my hand started locking up on me. When grasping or moving my arm certain ways my fingers (middle and index mostly, but sometimes ring and thumb) lock in a downward position and remain like that until I relax my arm then it kind of releases and I can slowly open them. I have had an mri of neck which revealed a herniation at c5-6 level and a budging disc at c6-7 level. The Neuro said it wasn't effecting the nerves though and wasn't the cause. Had an Emg done which revealed ulnar nerve entrapment at elbow only....which controls the fingers that I am not having a problem with leaving me further confused. I just recentely had a regular MRI of the brachial plexus but got a phone call from the nurse yesterday saying it was negative. Waiting to go back to the Neuro in a week. Read up on TOS and found that lots of people had negative mri's and emg's with TOS and similar symptoms as myself. Was gonna ask my Nero about possible TOS....just wondering if anyone had similar problems/pain and difficulty getting a diagnosis. I have been getting NO sleep lately waking up with this pain/pressure in shoulder and shoulder blade region. Also feels like pressure in chest at times. Sooooo tired of it and not knowing what's wrong...hand symptoms getting worse and praying for an answer. Sorry for the lengthy post, seeing similar stories gave me some hope for a possible answer to my pain.