Thread: vertigo
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have vertigo every-time there is a change in my diplopia.

It lasts for a short while and then it is either the diplopia gets better or my brain gets used to it. (hard to tell which).

In fact this was probably my first MG symptom (although at that time it was not recognized as such).

About 2 years prior to my first recognized MG symptom, I had an episode of vertigo at work. The cause was not clear (my ENT examination, cerebellar functions etc. were all completely normal) and within a day or so it resolved on its own.

A few months later I started having episodes of blurred vision. Again, all my tests were completely normal, except for the optemetrician who found a problem and made me glasses with prisms to correct it. But, when I got them I could not understand why he thought I had this problem, because they made my eyesight worse, not better.

In retrospect all those things together were probably mild/transient oracular MG symptoms.

This is also why I say that MG doesn't only confuse us (and our physicians). It also confuses our brain, which constantly tries to compensate for the changing abilities of our muscles, but finds it very hard to keep up with those constant and unpredictable changes.
alice md is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote