Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesa View Post
The only thing I can offer is the new law in Florida is ridiculous. The addicts are still getting THEIR drugs, while the pain patients cannot get them legally if their life depended oni it. The legislators are idiots -- if they ever had pain for a weekk or so, they'd certainly turn those laws around! They don't have A clue as to what they have done!!!

It would be something if a bunch of pain patients could storm the State Capital, and DEMAND the law be voided!! It isn't helping anyone!
YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD AN COUNTERSUNK IT!!!!

I have done the injection's and that is what they are basically all going to now. They just don't work for me. I get 2-3 days of relief then that is accompanied with severe nausea and heartburn. They charge the insurance company anywhere from $1500-$1800 for the procedure. Plus they get the office visit. They also don't have to deal with the State or the DEA breathing down their neck about the narcotic pain medication. Whereas they have to deal with that and can only charge for the office visit for writing a script. There is more money the other way and less hassle and I am afraid it is here to stay.
The alternative that I know about is to go to a pill mill, ironically they are still up and running stronger than ever. The problem with that is I don't sell my meds, I use them and the cost's to go to one are far outside my budget. Insurance will not pay for them and they are cash only. Even if I could scrape enough together there is no way I could endure the ride to one. Closest is 2 hrs away.

The "epidemic" is ridiculous. My doctor that treats me monthly for years is not allowed to prescribe for me. They said the problem was that people from Kentucky were coming down going from doctor to doctor then taking the pills by the thousands back up there. Uh a checking for a Florida residence would have stopped that. They also have a data base now that is statewide computer linked so you can only fill x amount at one time and then it flags you.
Thanks for listening!
gatorhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-24-2012), ginnie (10-24-2012), glenntaj (10-25-2012), Gracemary (10-25-2012), mg neck prob (10-24-2012)