Thread: Your voice?
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:14 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
As someone who ALWAYS has voice problems.........mine varies. I'm sometimes nasal. Sometimes I just slur. Sometimes I sound like I have a speech impediment -- not being able to sound out certain letters like "t", "d", "s", and the "th" sounds, etc. Sometimes I sound like a drunk. Sometimes I sound like I've had a stroke. Sometimes I just sound like I'm whispering -- and I'm not. For some REALLY odd reason, pronouncing NUMBERS is always hard -- even early in the day when my voice is just a little more "normal".

I've never analyzed whether mine is "monotone". Probably is.......just haven't asked anyone or listened to myself on a recording.

I know one thing -- those voice-activated phone commands -- I give em FITS!! The "computer-robot" is always saying, "I'm sorry, I don't understand. Let me connect you to a customer service representative." ONE advantage of having MG!

Thanks so much Jana - your descriptions are always so descriptive!!!!

You definitely need to articulate more to get numbers out especially if spoken as separate words. My son is billingual so I would revert to the language that was easiest to articulate whilst reading bedtime stories and that would hold off dysarthia for some extra minutes. Funny but english language always lost out!
Anacrusis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jana (10-24-2012)