Thread: mike and vic
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 05:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Raises glass to you both!

I just don't know where I would be without Mike's encouragement to keep up with my efforts to learn about Shinzen Young's outlook on pain relief. It has helped me SO much. I encourage EVERYONE to checkout his book/CD called Breakthrough Pain. Taught me not to be afraid of the pain. Once I was not afraid - most of the stress went out of it, and I could relax through the pain. Hard to explain.... but it works. I still do not think I am very good at it... but it works far better for me than any narcotic I have tried.

I also have been a faithful user of grapeseed extract ever since reading Vic's words about it over a year ago... close to two years ago I would guess. I read EVERYTHING I can find that Vic writes, even though I can't digest it all. I must admit the last thing Vic wrote about cyanosis I took to my veterinarian who is my good friend of 35 years. He helps me with understanding many medical things. He has a LOT more interest in my RSD than any of my Drs. He had out a whole array of medical texts looking up cyanosis. He said he does not have much clinical experience with it, as his patients are to fur covered to see it But we concluded that technically even though my hand turns red, deep red, burgundy and slightly purple red... it could be considered cyanosis by the true meaning of the word... as there are many forms of cyanosis. (don't ask me to explain... as all the reading/explaining he did made me almost more confused than when I went in) .... see... I don't have a blue or gray color at all. That is what I find when I look up cyanosis online.. blue or gray. Mine is red, burgundy mostly, but still icy cold. He spent about an hour explaining why there can be redness meaning there is blood in there, but coldness from lack of properly nutrated blood. I think the idea was that cyanosis does not HAVE to be from lack of oxygen alone.. but a starved cell from more than one reason. I **think** that is the conclusion he drew anyway.

I am REALLY glad that Vic and Mike are part of this forum. REALLY glad. I know I would not be in as good a shape as I am today without them!!!

Jules
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote