View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticfrancis View Post
Klaus: Are you still sensitive to slight bumps and jolts? Any remedy that you'd recommend to sensitivity sufferers?
I am far, far less sensitive than I was. For a while I couldn't leave the house without wearing specially cushioned running shoes as each step was too much of a jolt to my head however carefully/gingerly I walked. Now I can go for a run and generally go about my daily life without thinking about it.

I think I am still somewhat sensitive and have no intention of ever going on a rollercoaster or anything like that. Sometimes I get a jolt from something and it feels bad, but I seem to be ok each time. I expect part of it is my anxiety now, whereas before there was definitely 100% some organic weirdness going on in my head that was causing this symptom, no way was I imagining it.

It got better gradually. At the time I was taking neurozan, DHA omega oil (algae rather than fish as I am vegetarian), loads of antioxidants like blueberries, turmeric and so on. Also as when I felt able I was doing as much aerobic exercise as I could (on a stationary bike to start with as I couldn't run due to jolting). Basically I became a health freak, which I believe is the way forward for PCS sufferers.

This regimen appeared to get me better in terms of all my symptoms, including the sensitivity to jolting, and I am still following it since although I would say I've 'recovered' I do worry about the effects on my compromised brain of any future impacts as well the ageing process.

However I couldn't say exactly which aspect of that lifestyle helped which symptom, indeed for all I know I might have gotten better anyway without any of that stuff (though I highly doubt it). There is definitely evidence for the role of diet (esp antioxidants and omega oils) and exercise (esp aerobic) in brain health, so getting heavily into that stuff would be my advice.

Good luck!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote