View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Should i quit wrestling?

So here's a little back story on the head injuries I've had in my life. When i was 2, I fell out of a 2 story window, cracking my skull and resulting in a subdural hematoma, which was probably the worst scenario. I started wrestling when i was 5 (I am now 19) and although i haven't had any documented concussions from it until last year, I'm sure I have suffered a good amount of blows to the head and chin. The reason I have only had one documented was because I was hit hard enough under the chin that I passed out. A week later, I made a dumb decision and drank some liquor, no more than I usually would, however I blacked out from it (possibly because of the concussion?) and woke up the next morning with a huge bump on my head. About 2 months later, I went snowboarding for 4 days. I basically fly down the mountains and on the last run on the last day, i caught an edge and flew backwards, hitting the back of my head, my legs flipped over my body, and I hit my head again and slid down the mountain. Aside from this few months of hell, I was diagnosed with 3 other concussions throughout my life, 2 in which i blacked out from. Now wrestling has started, and I get headaches throughout practice. I have always gotten headaches/migraines my entire life, but it is almost guaranteed if i practice. When it comes to studying, I find it really hard to focus and read efficiently. Basically i feel really unproductive and I hope it's not from the concussions.

Is it time to quit and move on with my life for the better?
onewhoknocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote