Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Those injections are ONLY a way for the doctors to earn BIG MONEY. Up here they get anywhere from $1800 to $2500 per EACH INJECTION. So why wouldn't they insist that you get them? And you HAVE to have them if you go thru a pain clinic. Now NO PAIN CLINIC will take me because I've had everything done that they can do to me -- they can't do ANYTHING to me anymore. And they will NOT manage your medications -- so they won't take me.

The only doctor in my area who will prescribe pain medications is my pcp. I've called them all. I've called doctors in 3 surrounding cities. And only ONE will prescribe pain medications!!! They're ALL afraid of the DEA. Can you believe that?? And of course he's busy - I'm lucky if I get 2-3 minutes with him unless I DEMAND that he sit down for a minute or two.

And trying to get an increase is like pulling teeth out of an alligators mouth! I was on methadone for about 5 years (only 10mg) and it didn't work a bit! I was in AGONY. He wouldn't increase it for anything, until I broke down and BEGGED - I was a blubbering idiot. I shouldn't have to do that and humiliate myself like that. He finally changed my meds, and I do have some relief. But good grief - what a trial!

It's getting out if hand for pain patients and something has to be done. Even tho it's legal in Michigan, the doctors are such wusses, that it might as well be illegal. The DEA needs to keep it's nose OUT of Medicine and out of doctors practices. Patients need to be treated!
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
gatorhead (10-24-2012), ginnie (10-24-2012), Gracemary (10-25-2012), mg neck prob (10-25-2012)