View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 06:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Help Could You Help Me Please??

Hi All. My name is Mark. Even though I have never come to this forum I am no stranger to this site. I am a long time member of the Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy side of the house since 2000 following a car accident. I am 44 years old. I have a couple of questions. Here goes. I have been diagnosed with arthritis in my knees, feet, hips as well as wrists, shoulders and hands. I always say I inherited my grandmother's legacy. Anyway, the pain just never ever goes away. From a dull ache to sharp paining constantly. What can I do. Took Celebrex forever with no real luck so I stopped.

I have been using Capsacian Cream and even though it burns I think the only thing that is effected is my skin. The joints never get relief. Oh by the way I also suffer from Peripheral Neurophathy (sp) in my feet. Walking is more than a challenge on a daily basis. I use a walker for balance. I notice that the pain is always worse at night when I am in bed and when I get up in the mornings the pain in my fingers is out of control for at least 2 hours or more. So bad in fact I cannot even bend them. They are also very stiff.

I currently take 120mg of morphine twice a day for pain plus Zonnegran for nerve disorder and Cymbalta for depression. Thats about it. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much . Mark