Thread: Seeking Answers
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 04:35 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Seeking Answers

Hello all, about a month ago i was drinking with some friends and was told i fell out of the back my buddys truck fell on my butt and hit my head against a building, i don't recall this because when i drink i get black out drunk

i thought nothing of it because i felt fine the next day, a couple days go by and i start to feel pressure on the left side of my head, this feeling goes on for about a week when i decide to go to the er and tell them what happened

a ct scan was done and i was told nothing was found but it looks like i may have a sinus infection, i was prescribed some antibiotics and sent on my way, after a few days on the antibiotics i notice no change

after a period of over 24 hours of no sleep and still feeling pressure i go back to the er and told that it sounds like i do indeed have a concussion and i am prescribed temazopam for sleep and lortab for the pressure

the sleeping pills haven't worked and nor has the lortabs although i only took 2 of the painkillers because once they did nothing i didn't want to keep taking them, the sleeping pills seem to have some effect if i take a couple of them but i still only get 3 hours of sleep at the most

i don't seem to have any other symptoms such as nausea, sensitivity to light, or any of the sort but i continue to have this feeling in my head constantly from when i wake up to when i lay down, im worried because the insomnia has lasted for a good 2 weeks or maybe more and i know rest is essential in recovering

I was under the impression that after a concussion one would get headaches frequently but not one that is constant all the time, i have been really worried about this and don't know what to do, i have an appointment with a neurologist next week
Abel_in_Fl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote