Thread: Seeking Answers
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:20 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Abel

I think you have your work cut out for you. You need to do three things. Get your blood pressure down. Get your weight down. And cut WAY down on your drinking to no more than a single serving per day. I doubt you can get your BP down continuously without some weight loss. Your heart is straining to push your blood through your whole body. The head ache is simply your brain's reaction to your body's struggles to pump your blood.

As I said, the injured brain loses its ability to regulate blood flow through the brain.

Alcohol is horrible at contributing to diabetes. Diabetes is miserable for a struggling brain. Plus, alcohol is a sugar that offers nothing but empty and inebriating calories. You are likely seriously deficient in B-12 and folic acid due to your alcohol consumption. That makes everything much worse.

The only help a doctor will offer worth anything is to get you on blood pressure meds. BP meds may leave you at risk of dizziness and passing out and falling and hitting your head again. btw, You do not have to make contact with a hard object to suffer a concussion. The whiplash effect on your head can cause the concussion.

Do you have a positive support structure to help you get going on improving your health? You will not likely be able to make these changes alone. At least we are here for you if you can put up with us.

Read my post in Patty's thread "New Here, hello" that lists my suggested nutritional regimen. It is my second post in that thread. You will need to double the dosages.

Hope you can find a way to take on these challenges.

My best to you.
thank you for the advice mark, yes i already quit drinking because this has scared me straight so to speak, im constantly thinking about it and wondering if ill ever be normal again, ive already started to walk every day but i do need to get on a good diet regimen

although i have had a lost of appetite on top of the insomnia so im only eating once or twice a day, i did a search for paddy's thread but couldn't seem to find it, would it be at all possible to get a link?

it is hard to exercise when im tired all the time, will the insomnia go away on its own? and do you think it would be a good idea to get tested for high blood pressure and prescribed blood pressure medication or try to deal with it on my own with eating and exercise? would the medication help the headaches?
Abel_in_Fl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote