View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 09:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Cipro Induced Neuropathy - need advice.

What are my chances of healing from toxic neuropathy?

I have Peripheral Neuropathy from a prescribed, 21-day treatment of Ciprofloxacin (500 MG twice a day) back in June 2012 for a case of prostatis. After 3 weeks, I first noticed the pain and then I quickly stopped taking it after noticing very severe pains. Now, 3 months later – the 1st week of October, I still have frequent pains though they are far less painful.

At the time, I was taking Cipro I was also taking the NSAID Naproxen (1 pill per day and my 1 MG of Clonazapam twice a day). I have discovered afterward that taking NSAIDS and benzos such as Clonazapam/Klonapin while taking Cipro augments Cipro Toxicity. I have had many tests done – I do NOT have diabetes or MS. So this suggest further that my Neuropathy is from taking Cipro.

I had regularly drunk less/or about one 6 -pack of beer on the weekend – so alcoholism seems a very unlikely cause. Now, in October of this year, I still suffer from daily pains of burning, needle and pinpricks and cramps, especially in my feet, toes, and fingers. What has changed is that I no longer feel the hardcore stabbing pains in my toes or the prolonged cramps.

I even have days where I feel “Almost Normal”. Basically I’m afraid of what most Cipro poisoned people are of – that this pain will last for the rest of our lives. Still, I feel much better then I did 3 months ago, especially after taking the four vitamins I’ve been taking daily since august. (Vitamin C 120 mg, Omega 3 120 mg, Magnesium 250 mg and B-12 500 mcg). Please give me your opinion on my case, as I think it will help many others with similar circumstances.

Jesse M is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (11-27-2012)