View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:15 AM
artist

artist

Thanks, Roz, for your kind words.

No, I haven't had a CT scan. They did an MRI in late spring - that's what showed the spinal stenosis, my spinal cord is pinched in just like an egg timer, and the amount of space for it to pass through from C4-C6 is almost nonexistent. Very alarming.

Apart from permanent headaches and severe stiff neck, I just feel all the time as if I'd like to take my head off, it's so heavy! I think I'm in for the long haul here, but to my surprise exercise does help quite a lot.

I'm also doing the "tucking in the neck" thing, doc says I'm beginning to get a turtle neck.

I really don't like taking meds, so I'm on small doses of neurontin which helps the RSD arm. But I'm taking too many cafergot - supposed to be for migraine and you shouldn't take too many, but I can't get through a day (or night) without them. Gotta find a solution to that.

Thanks for the link; I'm scared of steroids..and blocks...but it may come to that.

Still, to all intents and purposes I look OK, function relatively OK..it's just all so damn painful!

Anyway, I like this new forum, it's got some really interesting and funny characters in it, and I'm enjoying seeing it sort itself out. When/if BT1 returns I shall be with both.

As someone else in the forum said - it never hurts to have a spare!

You never said if you moved to that cabin? Did you?
hugs,
all the best
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote