View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

mark,

Thank you, I appreciate it. I am mostly anti-pharmaceutical, but do welcome anything that will inevitably help me cope with symptoms. Seeing the family doc next week who will probably refer me to a neuro doc.

I will, of course, read between the lines on any possible misinformation on the web and pass any natural aid I feel has helped my symptoms.

In my recent recall effort of my concussion history, I began to piece together how they've all affected my day-to-day life currently. I'm fairly confident my symptoms of migraines, almost daily minor headaches, random fogginess, occasional memory struggles, irritability etc. are linked to the 5-7 concussions I've had over the years. I've just started to make sure I take the time to rest --maybe 1/2 hour to an hour-- & shut down my brain from work and isolate on my bed with the room nice & quiet. And I am beginning to try some of the foods on a daily basis I have read about & monitor how I feel every day.

Being on the downside at age 42 is what concerns me now. I am looking to find anything I can try (with dilligent research & comparitive results from people here) to slow down any possible neuro breakdown for the rest of my life as well as to best remedy my current symptoms. I want to be "available" for my family & GF in every way. I want to be able to play ball still every Sunday, but am now wondering if I will have to step away. Mostly, I want to be as close to symptom-free as I can every day and with a good feeling for my future.

I'll share anything I can and I appreciate your input.
ChrisC1970 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote