View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I'm THERE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
Thank you for chiming in about the psych eval!! Interesting how the mental peering into our soul can be daunting to folks who demonstrably hurt. Even so, my pain doc lets me know such protocol is coming to be reality for a variety of pain related surgical approaches as the insurance companies attempt to discern whether a physician prescribed approach may be somehow thwarted by an armchair doc also known as clinical director of an insurance company whose real interest is protection of the shareholders rather than seeing to the reasonable and warranted care of the injured patient. [Oh my, did I allow my bias to shine again? I doubt I will ever be invited to an insuror hobnob event or agents' conflab].
My main issue with the eval was, if THIS Is what's required, what is this thing they're sticking into my body?? But - the psychologist I visited did an excellent job of explaining what they're looking for and it actually made sense. It was her willingness to take the time to explain this that really helped me move forward with the procedure. There are so many nut-cases out there that will play any game they can to get attention - including this. Secondly, and perhaps important for other readers, there are coping methods a good, trained and experienced chronic-pain psychologist can help ppl with lifetime chronic pain. I definitely would be doing that, now, had SCS failed for me. I had learned some of the techniques on my own from so many years' practice but know a lot more can be taught/learned.

I tend to think many of us chronic pain-suffers would have a bit of bias against the insurance companies that love to practice medicine on their "patients" yet don't know a thing about what they're doing much less the specifics of our case. My GP has been known to grumble a few times about them stepping over his authority and how he treats his patients. A very caring man he has no use for such folly. He became a GP (a very low-paying profession for a Doctor) because of his care of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark56 View Post
What wondrous news you have gained such beneficial post tweaking result for your SCS!!!!! We are going to have to induct you into the 85% plus Hall of YEA!!! We broke ground on it at Pooh's ranch recently, a far removed corner of the ranch which was never that good at producing grass for the critters. It is in the middle of Nowhere and is very hard to reach from Anywhere, but definitely in between the red states and the blue states Somewhere.

Yup,
Mark56
LOL! That got a good chuckle outta me - thanks! Needed that today...

I'll hope on Something and take the most direct route to Somewhere and find said Hall of YEA!!! and sit down and break bread with some of y'all.

YEE-HAW!!

DFW_Andy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-26-2012), limpin'Larry (10-28-2012), Mark56 (10-25-2012), Rrae (10-31-2012)