View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 01:00 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default Hi dorothy

Welcome to Neuro Talk. It is going to be OK. I came here too in much the same state you are in. Freaking out! If you have gotten the second opinion, and this surgery is recommended, it can turn out OK. Have you asked your neuro surgeon, how the rest of the spine is above and below the surgical site? This is important when considering surgery. The verterbre have to be sound enough to support the hardware etc. If you have nerve inpingement, the surgery does usually relieve that, cord compression is releived. Not everyone gets 100% better. The pains in your arms, usually go away. I am one of the ones who knows a good outcome. I am not perfect, but doing OK. I will be here for you, and so will Neuro Talk. It is scarry, anytime you have to have this kind of surgery. Have ready made foods at home, and some help for a few days. Expect to be sore. Muscle spasms if they occur can be helped with a medication Called Soma. If you experience this, do ask your neuro surgeon. I also hope you go to PT, this helped me alot. Massage is a wonderful part of PT, and did alot for me. Take a deep breath, this can and does have good outcomes. I will keep you in my prayers dorthy. ginnie

Last edited by ginnie; 10-25-2012 at 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mg neck prob (11-01-2012)