View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 08:46 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default I too have to ask why you went off ?

I mean usually once you're hypo-t, you tend to stay that way, like always? If your TSH numbers got back in the normal range, that SHOULD mean that it's working....

http://www.rxabbott.com/pdf/Synthroid.pdf Read pages 6-7 and 10 in particular as other meds you take can accelerate/decellerate any dose's effects and what the normal and abnormal s/e's are.

As for Hashi's that can just be a progression of the Hypo-t, in my case it's auto-immune and sort of expected since I've CIDP[another auto-i issue]. Either the two are related or not, but, have you had any Anti-TPO or Anti-TG testing done to see what all else is going on? My TPO and TG #'s were high, but it seems my Hashi's storm is under control, probably due to my CIDP therapies. The thyroid is one contition that can be dealt with and usually treated easily and not-invasively...other than a few pints of blood now and then. I prefer that to other conditions!

I'm no doc, merely what seems to be a 'professional patient' these days...I see more docs? You know what I mean. But your reactions, aren't quite 'standard', I'd call your doc and if you don't get a 'come in and let's do some tests', get copies of your records at www.lizajane.org This site has a useful format for you to plug in your blood test ups and downs and you can tailor parts to your needs, easily, I think.

One thing about reading things on some sites...like here there's lots of good things, resources and support. BUT there are also folks who you have to take with a grain of salt... Don't start imagining what it all COULD be until the tests and all the experts look at the whole picture and assess what IS/ARE the issue[s]. I learned that with my whole BC experience last year. Don't even begin to worry about All the possiblities....get thru the testing and then deal with Just That Issue. Otherwise you could run yourself ragged with worry when you could conserve that energy for the more important things in life, such as family and keeping what-all health you have and will yet achieve.

Loisba is right, most docs I've had insist that the quality of the brand is superior to the generics...I see lots pro and con on the issue... Ask your doc[s] in the meantime and let us know how it's all working out! More 's -j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote