View Single Post
Old 04-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Hi Lara:

No, believe me, it's not you. That why I never bought a dvd player. I love using my VHS recorder. I tape anything I want. I have 4 vcrs's in my house.
My husband has one in the living room. (Three are all the same - PANASONIC- got them from the internet. Great deal on all of them).

The fourth one, well my neighbor just put it out for the sanitation. With the remote. It was an older one, but I'm good with VCR's so I brought it into my house, set it up and the only thing wrong with it was, when you hit the eject button, you have to hold the front thing in so the tape will eject. If you just press eject, than the tape gets stuck inside the machine. I figured out how to fix this in 2 seconds flat.

My neighbor is also my friend, so I immediately called her and said "Guess where your VCR is?? She burst out laughing. I also said "you can't have it back". She said "Oh, I can't stand it the tape always gets stuck". I said "all you had to do was hold the thing in, and the tape comes out". She said "oh, who cares, it's yours".

So that's my 4th vcr. It's hooked up to an old tv in a section of my living room. It's not hooked up to cable but to a regular antennae. So whenever I want to tape something and I am already using my 3 vcr's (let's say I want to tape Dancing with the stars), I just pop in a tape and I'm good to go.

Sometimes, I have all 4 vcrs going on at the same time.
But now you can watch most ABC shows on the internet.
Thank goodness for cable, or I would go crazy.

I rarely watch anything while it's on the first time, (I always tape) because the phone rings, the doorbell, rings, I'm cooking) so because I tape it, I can watch things whenever I want to.

The only exception is 24. My husband and watch it and go crazy.
And American Idol. I HAVE TO WATCH THAT LIVE.

So far the Bim Bam thing is gone. BUT, sometimes a little DING happens.

Now if I disabled the sounds (in sounds and devices), what the heck is that little DING thing??

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote