Thread: Frozen in bed
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 07:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default good suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Hi Madam, just another suggestion. Tempurpedic now comes in FIRM and in an adjustable bed. This does help with pressure points, so that if you are on your back for any length of time, you won't develope any hurt places. I hope you try out a number of beds before you pick one. They are all rather on the expensive side. The idea of a bed rail is also a great idea from the other person who posted. An over head (across) the bed, is also good when wanting to change positions with no help. My son is an OPT, and does help folks having problems. There are medical supply places that have both these things and can be installed very easily. I do wish you all the best, and a better nights sleep. I do use an over the counter from Walgreens, that works like a charm for sleep, called wallsome. No side effects, no groggies, no after effects in the morning. I hope that you will get some other replies to help. Take care. Can you try some sleepy time tea? Ginnie
Thanks Ginnie for some good suggestions. When I win the lotto, I will speed down to my neighborhood "beds that cost more than cars" store and treat myself. I understand that now they have sleep number beds that are also adjustable so you can move where you want and adjust the firmness as well. In the meantime, I will pick up some Wallsome and give it a try. I will also look into those overhead grab bars. That might help quite a bit!
madamlash is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (10-28-2012)