View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 10:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Ann_515 View Post
While looking for answers to my chest pain I came across this syndrome. I understand it, but have a couple of questions.

If you have never heard of it I took the liberty of copying it from the website I was on.
--
Pectoralis Minor (PecMinor) Syndrome - compression of the brachial plexus between the coracoid process the contracted Pectoralis Minor Muscle.

Now the question I have is : I read that the pain goes from the collar bone down. But can it reach to where the heart would be sitting?
I get this type of pain in addition to the shoulder, arm, neck, and shoulder blade pain. I am pretty sure this is whats going on with me, although let me tell you the chest pain is a very, very scary thing!! It feels as though I am having a heart attack or some other catastrophe with my heart.

Also, if anyone is as lucky as I am to suffer with this type of pain in the heart area (sarcasm) then what do you do to help relieve it? Is surgery available to people who suffer from PecMinor Syndrome?

Can this,, or TOS, also cause heart skips?

BTW, I am SO glad I found this site! I was starting to feel all alone until I found you guys lol! I know none of you are doctors, but I was just looking for some answers and support.
Hi, I had similar pain including pain to my heart feeling like a heart attack, which happened 3 times. I have bilateral neurogenic TOS and bilateral Pec Minor Syndrome. I had surgery 8 weeks ago which included a pec minor tenetomy on my right side. I am still having a lot of my prior symptoms but the pain is less in my pec areas (both sides), although I do still feel tightness. I haven't had any spasms. Also, for me, haven't lost my arm function due to the pec minor tenetomy, but am still in the early phase of recovery for both surgeries so I can't tell right now what exactly could be impacting some of my symptoms. I do know how to make it better, and using a small soft ball really does help with releasing the tight muscles.
parbie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote