View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:26 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wllwrt4fd View Post
Can you explain your reasoning? I was just wondering if you've had experience with this yourself.
I would have to say yes to that. I have more pain than numbness, but I do have days where they are completely numb and weak. Some days I present with all three of those symptoms simultaneously and then there are the days where they feel like that and are on fire! My problems originate in my lumbar for those particular symptoms. I have had several surgeries to my neck. I am considered surgical for my lumbar, but that is a very last resort for me. I had no choice in the neck.

I also feel that way because although you could be symptomatic from cervical and thoracic, more commonly it is found to be the lumbar that gives you troubles to the legs.

That being said I had a Dr. tell me that the tests were too expensive and unwarranted. I had them done elsewhere and had emergency surgery to my neck because of the entrapment of my spinal cord. I am EXTREMELY lucky in that respect that I am not paralyzed or even dead. It is worth having a look to see if that is where it is coming from or not. There are blood tests for the other things that could be causing those kinds of symptoms, but if YOU know you are experiencing them, then it is your burden to advocate for yourself. That is unfortunately the way the ball rolls nowadays!
gatorhead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote