View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Hello for the last time:)

pg,

So I started posting before I read the complete thread and realized that you are still posting on this thread so you will likely get ALL of my postings! Anyway, I wanted to mention that Lyme often needs to be treated with multiple antibiotics for effective treatment. Doxy alone is not going to do it, especially at doses below 400mg a day. I wanted to also mention that not everyone with Lyme experiences herx reactions so do not let that lead you away from Lyme. Have you had any thyroid testing? Some people with Lyme also mention thyroid overactivity or inactivity...can't remember which at the moment. Lyme is a very strange disease and everyone presents differently to some extent. If your symptoms do not look exactly like those listed on the 'mayo clinic' website do not rule it out all together.

I know quite a bit about Lyme and if you can get to an LLMD who is going to treat you with more than just Doxy I would look into it. Lyme symptoms can also come and go...for instance I have a girlfriend who had all of her joints flare-up and she never did find out what was causing all of her discomfort at the time. Maybe 6 months into the mystery the joint pains just went away and she hasn't had any since. She does have Lyme, but no joint pain since the first flare.

Anyway, just my two cents. I am not a physician, I just wanted to give my input. Thank you for listening!
mytea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote