View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 08:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile Can you take too much 'stuff' without discerning the individual effects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixiedee View Post
I've been taking mucuna and other ayurvedic herbs for 6 months or more - no change at all. Also taking Vit B, D, ALA, L-carnitine,green tea, curcumin, fish oil, Dopavite and other stuff I can't remember.

Can you actually skip sinemet? When it wears off are you worse than you were before you started it?

Also I have no drive or motivation which I imagine is due to lack of dopamine - will sinemet help that?
Hello Trixiedee,
I have been diagnosed for six years now and can relate to your despair in not really knowing whether to commence allopathic medication or some alternative treatments. May I say that it appears from what you have written that you may have swamped yourself with nutrients and the like, but without any structure as to introducing them so that you can discern whether or not they are doing you some good individually or otherwise. You also say that you eat a healthy diet. How do you know that it is healthy for you? I have studied and tried several diets over the years and know that whatever way you go, there is always some diet guru who will disparage the type of diet you are on. For me personally, I have tried a low carbohydrate diet for several years and fairly stringently, but have recently discovered that my insomnia may be due to eating too much protein and not enough carbohydrate. I believe that I have a serotonin deficiency and within several days of adding other foods into my diet I am beginning to feel perceptibly improving.
I must say that I like Reveretts suggestion to you which is to try Sinemet. I have been taking it two years now and found it fairly reliable in dampening my tremor and improving my walking, But, I also know that you have to be careful not to take protein foods and Sinemet too close together. That is my experience.
Norton1.
norton1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote