Thread: Frustrated
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 10:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
Yep, I agree, hospice is not enough. The pain meds. are not always given enough to keep end of life patients comfortable. I know someone right now, who is in terrible pain and dying with hospice. It is time, that people wake up, and made their own arrangements concerning end of life issues. I would never trust my government or any hospital, with making those kinds of decisions for me. Even your own Will, and documents are not enough to guarantee your wishes are met. Lord help you if you have a friend, and not a husband. They are not allowed to be with you, and to help your decision making if you cannot. I belong to FE, and that is the way I am going to go, if I should have a fatal illness. No way am I going to suffer like I have seen even with my own parents. My dad died in agong with throat cancer...no way. ginnie
I know the feeling I also had cancer 7 yrs ago and Im single when I went thru acdf had to rely on friends . Most of my family is gone now and I too have a Will after my cancer surgery I had very bad complications and would not let friends in ICU --learned fast to get legal papers in order . I seen both good and bad with dr's and hospitals---latley I feel quality of care and human decency is not there anymore ---sad to say.
mg neck prob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote