View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry for all your sweetie has been through.

My initial thought is that they are all separate issues. It isn't unusual to get strabismus at a later age if that's what is going on.

Also, is it possible he has predominantly right sided cp? If his right arm is affected, it is possible he has intention tremors associated with that or possibly some type of ataxia or movement disorder affecting it. It may or may not have to do with the surgeries causing some scar tissue to affect his movement.

It doesn't sound like seizures to me from the way you described it. Unless you meant his eye turned and his arm tremored at the same time for a minute or less each time and was never an issue in between episodes. Then it is possible though an unusual presentation. eyes usually act together and both go up or to one side with seizures though only one arm could be affected.

as for spikes on the EEG. There are many types that are considered normal but they often dislike spikes and waves together. However, a normal EEG or an abnormal EEG doesn't always clearly indicate what is going on with the child. You may or may not have seizures regardless of what it shows.

All the best, hope that helps. My knowledge is limited so don't go by it but it's my experience/ideas and that's what you asked for.

lucinda
mom to four boys...right hemi cp, seizures, asthma, GER, hydro (non shunted), etc.
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote