View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 12:47 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default grasping for data

My wife was recently diagnosed with PD.
We have been married for 25 years.
Come to think of it, I can not remember a time when her sense of smell was working. She's been using antidepressants (ADs) for 12 yrs; effexor, mostly.
Lots of people - more and more each day - have been using ADs. Somewhere, I managed to see a page where it was stated that PD incidence has been climbing at an alarmingly high rate; then, I lost the page. I can not help but think that AD use, prior to PD diagnosis, without insight into the underlying emotional trauma (blocked by AD use, without therapy) might result in somaticization, ie a conversion disorder. Chronically, that could be one pathway to development of PD. I am sure there are others. I would be interested in studying that a bit.

So.......I now ask for a very big favor please.

1. First of all, please forgive me if I am threadbusting. This is my first post on NTSG, although I have been lurking for several weeks. If there is a better thread, just redirect me.

2.I asked them if they could please direct me to a source of data on the increasing incidence of PD. Surprisingly hard to find!

This is what they sent me:

[41] American Journal of Epidemiology [2003] 157 (11) : 1015-1022 (S.K.Van Den Eeden, C.M.Tanner, A.L.Bernstein, R.D.Fross, A. Leimpeter, D.A.Bloch, L.M.Nelson)

[42] American Journal of Epidemiology [1995] 142 (8) : 820-827 (R.Mayeux, K.Marder, L.J.Cote, J.Denaro, N.Hemenegildo, H.Mejida, M.X.Tang, R.Lantigua, D.Wilder, B.Gurland, et al)

[62] The Canadian Journal of Neurological Sciences [1984] 11 (1 Suppl.) : 156-159 (A.H.Rajput)

Here is the question: Would you please help me to obtain these articles?
I have done some physiological research, so I think I will be able to understand them.

Thanks.

Great working on this challenging condition with you all.

David
david@daubarchitect is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jubes (03-01-2013)