View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 07:53 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My tooth pain was an early warning of RSD to come. I had a cracked tooth develop from a failed filling that was 20 years old. The dentist put in an inlay for $500 but didn't remove the excess on top and after a few years I developed frequent pain in my ear and jaw area. An ENT didn't see a problem after I developed my very first ear infection and sent me to the dentist who did a crown. The pain did not subside so they suggested abstraction. It didn't help so they suggested abstraction of the molar next to it. No change. then I notice that my jaw bone seemed as though it was melting and my dentist insisted I get Implants to strengthen the bone. It was excrutiating! Two very expensive implants later and my pain never went away. The Oral Surgeon diagnosed "atypical facial pain" a nerve problem and quickly wisked me out of the office with a suggestion to go to a Neurologist when the pain became unbearable. It was not long before a fourth knee surgery put my RSD into full steam and here I am now. $12000 poorer and in worlds of pain. Be careful and try to stay away from crowns, abstractions, implants if you can...Alsi alot of the RSD med dry your mouth which promotes loss of teeth. Check the side effects leaflet!!!!

Good luck!
Sandy Shores is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
reluctant@thetable (10-26-2012)