Thread: losing ground
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sam,

I understand, and I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way, or think that I was condescending. I've had some days that were very discouraging; a couple weeks ago, I had an adverse reaction to Lyrica, and was nearly involuntarily committed on a psych hold, because of suicidal ideation. It was a terribly grueling ordeal.

As I've mentioned, I train and compete in Strongman - despite my sciatic neurothapy, despite the DISH, despite the terrible pain. I've had many, many doctors tell me I can't do this; that I can't even lift weights; that I should be sedentary.

I like my current doctor, who says "Hey, who am I to judge? You have 5 years left. You want to throw rocks around, pick up cars? Yeah, I think you're wacked, but it's your life. Go do it. My job is to make that possible."

Anyhow, I hope that today was better for you.

Stay strong. Fight hard. The good things don't come easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
One of these days the number and type of medications I take are going to meet up with other factors, the perfect storm so to speak, and that will be that, but until then, I agree. keep fighting. Sometimes I just need to vent.

Sam
LyricaBob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote