View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Lightbulb My SCS gets too HOT!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced any of the same issues that I have had with my SCS. I had my Medtronic SCS implanted about 5 months ago and the first few weeks were amazing, I was receiving so much relief I really thought I was out of the woods and could get back to a normal life. After a few weeks my stimulator started to act up, it would surge with so much intensity it was painful then just by standing up or shifting weight from one leg to another I would suddenly feel nothing. When I would look at my remote it would show that my unit wasn't even on! When this started, the site where the battery is also started to get extremely hot and extremely painful. The unit was also not recording my charging times correctly or at all. In the beginning I could charge for several hours at a time but as the unit when crazy, I couldn't charge as long because it got too hot too fast. Now that months have passed, my battery gets hot just from walking or sitting and the pain just keeps getting worse.

So..has anyone else experienced any of these issues with their Medtronic (or any other brand but Medtronic seems to be the worst) permanent SCS implants?[/INDENT]
CWilhite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote