View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member
Default Doing much better, thanks to meditation, yoga, Aricept, & lil doggieswalking ...

... and in general, feeling "I'm back", and that I "have my life back" ... Alleluia. Wow. It's so good to be back to feeling again like myself again

I continue to be doing very well with the Aricept (donzepil) over these 2 months now. My cognitive functioning is so improved; cognitive executive functioning is *majorly* improved.

I continue meditation 2 x daily, yoga stretches, meet w/ a group meditation weekly -- which helps greatly with the practice. I use lavender epsom salts in my daily bath, 1-2 x daily, which is both relaxing for me (cheap on sale @ Walgreens) plus helps with the physical aches&pains. (It's still 'hot' Down Here on the Gulf Coast, so 'sweaty' still happens when out-&-about during the day, thus I often bathe before bedtime again, to relax & refresh. )

I'm 4yrs out from the rear-ended MVC which majorly altered my life 2008. [ Note: I had one 'good year' (2011) in these post-injured 4 years.] I didn't know it at the time ... I 'overdid' it last year 2011 when I was doing well --- in the effort to do whatever I could do/was newly-again-capable-to-do . I truly thought that I was 'resting' appropriately to 'balance' the increased activity, the 'busyness' of requirements of ordinary everyday life & 'have a life' again, Alleuia.

Yet nonetheless proved 'too much' for me it seems now in retrospect; I could not sustain it. Jan. 2012 I was rendered 'dysfunctional' yet again. "Stop. Do not cross 'Go' !!" --- for 9 months. 9 months of 'quiet rest', social isolation, no activity outdoors ... because I was incapable of anything more. (No fun, for certain.) While I may perhaps be 'fortunate' that I live alone, it was 'no picnic' living with only my own mind, as I've posted previously on here. ) Thus the move to more intensive meditation, to increase my capability to cope/ to deal with 'it all', as life now is.

So I'm walking lil doggies, housesitting-petsitting, & a little personal chef cookery for elders each week. (Thai & Indonesian is my specialty; & I'll cook anything ... now that "Theta CAN cook" again, yes!)

My 'enduring lamaise' is a daily count-on-it severe fatigue --- w/or w/o any activity or exertion --- can come over me by 9-10 am morning/before noon, and especially by 1pm. It's like "I just cannot keep my eyes open another second", "I've just gotta-lie-down-&-nap/sleep" --- yet no way if I attempt to do so am I actually able to 'nap'. I was helped last year by rx'd Provigil/Nuvigil (modafinil) --- but that doesn't feel in order for now. So, I muddle on through my days, glad to be as well as I am.

"The Challenge" remains of course to be always mindful of my capacities of the moment, the day, & 'to do' what it is that I set-out to do, i.e. meet my commitments in such a way that I do not over-exhaust my self and 'blow it' & my by-now 'admitted limitations'. I am in no way capable or competent to be doing what&how I was prior to MVC 4 yrs ago. I'm older than most posting on here; and as Mark has said, we of the over-age-40+ generation do not as 'readily' heal of brain injury to bounce-back-to-our-former-selves as the younger-aged-injured. Nonetheless, do not give up. You, like I, can & will be 'better' again. (And mind ya: I've *not* been all-patient-peaceful-faithful-enduring-hopeful all along the way --- no way! )

Just my update to present here, NT friends.

Best of wellbeing to all here,

Theta

50s Babyboomer; 2008 high-impact rear-ended/totalled-MVC, closed-head injury->pcs ... "Still dealing with it."
1993, Fell on black ice; first closed-head injury; life-altering. // 2014 Now dealing with Peripheral Neuropathy, tremors, shakiness, vestibular disorder, akithesia, anhedonia, yada yada, likely thanks to rx meds // 2014: uprooted to the cold wet gray NW coast, trying to find a way back home ... where it's blue sky and warm!

__________________________________________________ _________
Each and every day I am better and better. I affirm and give thanks that it is so. // 2014-This was still true for me last year, I truly felt this a year ago. Unfortunately it holds no meaning for me now. Odd, it was the Theta mantra for years. Change change change.

Last edited by Theta Z; 10-26-2012 at 10:22 PM.
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
andi (10-30-2012), andromeda (10-27-2012), ChrisC1970 (10-30-2012), lamblite (10-12-2013), lsamson (10-11-2013), nightnurse30 (10-27-2012), pcslife (10-28-2012)