View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default I do blame the implants ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALCL Lady View Post
Hi....I have had the new type since 2007, I had breast cancer on my right side and opted to have double mastectomy since I have a large family history of cancer. My right one started changing in 2010, last week my surgeon removed the failed one, it was getting larger, harder and MRI indicated it was leaking. He put another one in. Went for my check up on Monday at his office, informed me that I have Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma which is a Non Hodgkin Lymphoma which is so rare in the breast that its about a 3 out of 10+million odd of having. It is malignant cancer just not Breast Cancer. Please read what the FDA is saying about this they posted a warning that this cancer could be related to gel or saline implants, women with implants no matter if for reconstruction or augumentation are at a higher risk. These things are coming out ASAP. I did have some problems with being sick after the implants were put in, but I was not going to blame everything on them. Please reconsider doing this, also know that 65% of implants that leak are silent, meaing you will not realize it unless you have problems, or have a MRI.
After being extremely healthy and fit all of my prior life, I regrettably had a number of different implants inserted, over time. The reason for making this decision was, because I was constantly conscious of my "flat chest". Well, I would so like to turn the clock back and have my health back ... the surgeons will not let on about the dangers, because this is BIG BUSINESS ... it is their livelihood (very good ones at that). WE MUST WARN OTHERS and we must be strong in our convictions, because being mediocre about this, will change nothing!
lpankhurst1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote