View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Thoracic laminectomy

I just had an invasive thoracic laminectomy 30 days ago, on my T-10-T-11 and T-12. Never did I realize what I would experience. I had to stay in hospital due to complications-pneumonia and intestinal blockage. By the time I got home, I needed around the clock care. Please pay attention to what physical therapist tells you, about moving around, log rolling out of bed etc.. I had no choice but to try and go back to work a week after getting home--BIG mistake! It has been almost thirty days now, and i feel as if i had the surgery yesterday. I did feel some relief when i got my staples removed but it still feels like i have a backpack of hardware im lugging around. The pain is most centralized around the incision area. My biggest question.....when will i start to feel SOME relief from the pain??? It also radiates through to the front of my chest which is sensitive to touch. I just wonder when it will start to subside if anyone has had the same procedure as me--thanks for your opinions.
PS if you are on pain medication like myself..make sure to use fiber powder daily..that has helped me from getting another intestinal blockage
dakota67 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote