Thread: Frozen in bed
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 06:40 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Yes...break your movements into small parts..retrain muscle groups ..shifting weight... like pulling up your knees and then letting the weight of your knees tip you to one side if you are on your back ..If you are a side sleeeper , more difficult...learn shoulder jerking to get the top of your body more onto your back first..one inch at a time. It is hard to take control of muscles when they are used to doing things automatically...but you can with practice talk them into doing what you want. Also a lighter dose of sinemet or other l-dopa at night is necessary for some people. Doctors don't realize that it needs to be spread out evenly over 24 hrs. Had an uncle on sinemet that would get misserable about 2 am and I had to get up and give him 1/2 his sinemet dose then after a half hr he could get comfortable and go back to sleep...he had leg jerks and the sheets would start rustling and wake me up. Had to sleep in the same room to help him at nite. I wake up and flip about every couple hrs and stretch neck & shoulders before getting comfortable again...no movement is bad for me at night...get painfully stiff. Blessings!
Aunt Bean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atma Namaste (10-27-2012), Bob Dawson (10-27-2012), ginnie (10-27-2012), shetawk (10-27-2012)