View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 02:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I need to try a store scooter too - but don't have the courage! I guess I should go in the wee hours of the morning and get "driving lessons" - plus, I have a service dog, and would want to train her to sit between my feet on the thing. She's a Border Collie, so not all that large. I've heard to many horror stories of people bumping the dog into the scooter and them getting feet run over to want her running along beside it.

My mom is 88, and usually goes with me on errands. She likes to sit in the car and people watch. I get out of the car and people think I am "using" her to be able to park in the spot. They don't realize she is perfectly able to walk - way, way better than I can. Since I have been using a service dog, though, they don't usually say anything any more.

The placard thing bothered me for the first couple years. Now I just don't pay any attention.

I have the license plates, which are "harder" to get. I will pull in to the handicapped spots and people don't see the thing hanging from my rear view mirror - so assume I am parking there illegal. I hate it when they say - HEY! You don't have a placard - MOVE! Not that many people are "bad enough" to get the plates. I just ignore them. If they are really being rude, I say "so call the cops" and go right on about my business.
daylilyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote