View Single Post
Old 10-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member

Location: GulfCoastSouth .... April 2014 rudely displanted to the cold wet windy gloomy NW coast.
10 yr Member
Default Much appreciation, pretdou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretdou View Post
Hi Theta,

Thanks for sharing your journey. I have been enjoying reading your posts. You have had so much to deal with and I'm thrilled for you that life is getting better and better. It sounds like you have worked hard and have had a determination to find the gifts in all of this

Your posts have particularly spoken to me (and informed me!) as I just went to a mindfulness class last week, based on Jon Kabat-Zinn's MBSM. I think there is a message in this for me

I come here as a caretaker (mom) of an adolescent with PCS.

All the best,

pretdou
Hello, pretdou,

I thank you for your acknowledgment here. And I am so glad that you have connected with Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction there in your Canada location. As you are a mom, of a high-achieving young teenaged daughter suffering 'a crash' relapse of PCS, it is clear in your postings that you already bring a 'centered' approach to your family & your daughter's best options to 'work with what simply is, now'. As you said, any "futuristic thinking" can be so troublesome.

I've been following your posts as well. Sounds like you and Mark are well on the track of best options for your daughter's recovery. Your own unselfcentered compassion shines through all, pretdou. Clearly your daughter is in your good care management and guidance. I hope that she may soon come to accumulate better days in a row, to grow better and better.

Best to you & your daughter,
Theta
Theta Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote