Thread: stupid seizures
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2006, 06:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi! I was wondering if there might be something in The Out of Sync child that addresses hypersensitivity to sound? I'll try to look it up later for you. She has great ideas for over/under sensitivity in general.

Have you tried an audiologist for ideas? Maybe your son has something correctable in the sense of, maybe like they can help hard of hearing kids hear better like with cochlear implants, maybe there is something to help his brain not overreact to sounds. No clue, just thinking out loud.

Have you done an EEG to see if the seizures are indeed localized to the part of the brain responsible for responding to sound? There may be some clues there.

In the meanwhile, I'd be looking into the headphones that were suggested.
Perhaps they could work in this way. If you could stop him from having the seizures from the sounds for long enough, his brain could retrain itself to not reacting so badly to the sounds later in life. Like being on meds. it often takes two years to retrain your body before they can trial you off the meds and see if your body can manage without them now or if it needs to be part of life.

I'm sure you are a bundle of nerves with sounds. Is he sick too? maybe that makes the difference?

anyway, I truly hope things improve. Will you be considering seizure meds?
hope they do the trick if you are.

you have a sweetie there. sorry it's been so tough.

lucinda
lucinda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote