View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 02:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Autonomic neuropathy

Hi All,

I'm a male in my 40s and I started having problems with neuropathy last year with fairly mild motor and sensory symptoms (tingling, fasciculations) - symmetrical. I had all the usual tests - nothing abnormal. My Neuro diagnosed inflammatory peripheral neuropathy (response to a virus) and said it would decline over the next 12-18 months. It did until i had a further 'relapse' at the end of August 2012 - this time it presented as severe palpitations and what i think is POTS - my heart rate can fluctuate significantly even at rest. Tiredness +++ and breathless on exertion. Also,elbow pain radiating down ulnar nerve in left arm - repsonded well to Naproxen. Facial flushing.

I've been referred back to the Neuro and Cardiology but i was wondering if anyone has experience of Autonomic Peripheral Neuropathy? I believe most types also have sensory/motor involvement.

I cant find much in terms of autonomic PN from searching the threads.Some people have some symptoms but they dont appear to be the main symptom.

Thanks

Andy
Andy2212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote