Thread: PD and falling
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 06:48 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default ol cs

I know what you are talking about. Not that bad yet or at least no falls.

We have to start looking at PD as one of a spectrum of disorders coming from a disrupted stress center. Autism is out at one end. Autistic kids supposedly are overwhelmed by the sheer volume of stimulus pouring in from their environment and withdraw in self defense. I can relate to that. When I am off, walking across a room is like crossing a busy street and each piece of furniture a speeding car to be tracked. And don't even think about talking to me!

It seems to result from our stress system and things like cortisol and adrenaline. We have higher levels of the former even at baseline and that's not good. And we seem to be sensitized to the same chemicals too.

The net result is that we are fragile. We who were once so strong are now blown over by a breeze. So far the only things that I've run across that seem likely to help are the things that relieve stress - exercise, yoga. tai chi. etc. Anything that peaces you out.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote