View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 03:58 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Welcome to NeuroTalk:

The word "neuropathy" means, disease of nerves. There are hundreds of types of neuropathies.

Anything that damages a nerve or nerves qualifies. So yes, your impression about the infection and surgery is accurate. It could have irritated or damaged nerves on that side.

You might want to try, Biofreeze gel topically for the pain.
Giving elderly patients oral drugs at their age, often results in considerable side effects.

Biofreeze works well, esp for burning type sensations. It also works on painful joints and muscles.

It used to be a "professional" secret shared only with physical therapists and chiropractors, but now it has generalized to the regular population. And at an affordable price.
I learned of it years ago in PT when I had a tendon injury in my hip. The therapist used it 1/2 and 1/2 with the ultrasound gel, to reduce pain from the ultrasound treatments.

http://www.amazon.com/BIOFREEZE-Pain...ords=biofreeze

This link has free shipping too. Average prices for it used to be in the $15 range.

also at iherb.com for a higher price:
http://www.iherb.com/BioFreeze-Cold-...z-118-ml/43594

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (10-28-2012)