Thread: neck issues
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2012, 04:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hi SoftTalker, welcome to the group, I'm new too, and looking for a diagnosis. I think that a number of my symptoms, but not all, may be related to MG. That is slurred speech, balance and coorindation issues and difficulties walking. My head drops when I get tired and I'm now experiencing problems chewing and swallowing. I find things start off alright but the muscles get tired quickly. I fall over often because of this.
I have seen three neurologists and three cardiologists, had mobile ecg and bp monitors, echocardiogram, lumbar puncture, brain/spine MRI, VEP and a full blood work up. Only thing in my blood was low calcium levels, which I believe is linked to MG? I recently had an extremely adverse reaction to talking cinnarizine, a calcium channel blocker, as well as aspirin, which has led me to suspect MG. I have a negavite acetycholine but I understand this isn't a definitive test for MG. My symptoms were triggered by a virus. At the moment it is getting worse by the day.
I'm not sure how to approach my GP about following up on this. I know presenting to a GP and/or neuro with an idea of what you have is a very bad idea. But I have lived like this for three years and its not going away, despite everything. I can't work, I can't travel alone, I can't drive, I'm dependent on other people...My GP thinks negative acetycholine means no MG. How do I tackle this? Is it possible I can have MG and carotid sinus syncope? Is not MG in part autonomic dysfunction, including control of blood pressure?
Sorry for all the questions, I so want to get to the bottom of this after all this time...
wild_cat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote