View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 06:52 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I just wanted to quickly update this post so everyone who read it will know that I did come to a conclusion on what this pain coming through my back is...

This same pain still occurs and now I get the pain in my stomach and chest. My Dr. explained to me that it is muscle spasms. The spasms in my back are getting extreme enough that they cause the surrounding muscles to spasm as well (for example: if I am having upper back pain, and my muscles are spasming then that is enough to cause the muscles around the rib cage to spasm which will cause the chest pain that I am having).

CZ- like you said, I told my Dr. that if she hadn't told me what was causing this severe pain I could really think that I was having a heart attack! The pain stops me in my tracks and I literally cannot move. I have to stop and sit down until the pain calms down enough.

Right now I am on a low dose of Valium which my Dr. prescribed for my jaw, but she thought it might help with the back spasms which is causing this chest/ stomach pain.
InHisHands is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote